Wednesday, March 3, 2010

ANTS

So I'm getting used to several things here is Samoa. However there are a few little rascals I can't seem to appreciate.
I woke up at 5am and found a little trail of ants heading into my pillow case. Not a pleasant way to wake up. I had to get up to make breakfast anyway, only to find that the oatmeal meant for breakfast was crawling with hundreds of microscopic ants. The old bag the new bag...both filled with ants. We had a little more protien in our oatmeal that morning.
When I went back help with lunch I found ants in the sugar bucket. So I pulled up a chair and a spoon and went hunting until I gave up and someone else went hunting.
For dinner we were making meat balls and needed eggs of course so someone didn't find the eggs I set out and a couple of them happened to be cracked so there were ants all over those too.
It was a long-up hill-battle kind of day.

1 comment:

  1. ANTS?! ugh! annoying! I hear putting cinnamon where you think they are coming in helps... as well as planting spearmint around the perimeter... sorry for your crawly friends

    ps... i miss miss miss you

    ReplyDelete