Friday, February 5, 2010

Things I'll Miss

The longer I stay here the more I realize what I'll miss:

The changing seasons. There is always something to look forward to with the changing seasons. I like the change. There are amazing things about each one. Winter: scarves, snow, and coziness. Spring: flowers, skirts, and thunderstorms. Summer: pie, road trips, and fishing. Fall: colors, pumpkin pie, and crunchy leaves. 

Driving. I love to drive. It is beautiful here! Just the other day the trees were covered in frost and sparkling, the sky was blue, and the ground was white. It was like a fairy tale. You just don't get that everywhere. 

Coffee and sweets. I've been able to have coffee or something sweet anytime I want. That's been nice and it's probably good that I'm getting away from it.  

My own room. You might say it's the only child talking but it is so nice to have a space that is just yours. I like to sharing, you can have/borrow anything you want. The only child in me still likes my own space though. 

and of course...

The people who know me well. Do you have any idea how comforting it is to be around people who know what you mean even when you don't make sense? Keep those people, they're the keepers. 

That's my list so far. I know that there will be more but most times for me I realize what I miss when I don't have it anymore. Not when it's right in front of me. Them's the breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment